1. We believe there is one God who lives forever in three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
2. We believe that the Bible is God’s Word to the world, speaking to us with authority and without error.
(2 Timothy 3:16-17)
3. We believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ the Son, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death for us on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the Father, and His personal, physical return to rule the earth in power and love. (John 1:14-18; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)
4. We believe that all mankind are lost in sin and need to turn from it and trust personally in the Saviour, Jesus Christ. All need to be born anew by the Holy Spirit’s power into God’s family.
(Ephesians 2:1-10; John 3:5-7)
5. We believe in the Baptism in the Holy Spirit as on the day of Pentecost and in the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit as evidenced in charismatic gifts and ministries, and in the fruit of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer. (Acts 2:4, 10:46, 19:6; Ephesians 4:11; I Corinthians 12:8-11; Galatians 5:22,23)
6. We believe Baptism is an outward expression of an inward acceptance of Jesus (Acts 10:47-48) and that Baptism is for believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and to be administered by immersion, thus bearing witness to the gospel of Christ’s death, burial and resurrection for us, and our new life in Him. Christ (Matthew 28:19; Romans 6:4).
7. We believe in the resurrection of every person; to eternal life for the believer and eternal judgement for the lost. (Matthew 25:31-46)
8. We believe in unity for all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and seek community together: we want to become more like Him in every way, who is the head of His body, the Church. We are called to love Him and one another and are enabled to do this only as His life flows through us.
(1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Matthew 22:37-40)
Statement on marriage, sexuality and gender:
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Gen 1:26-27). Rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman in the confines of marriage(1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful and offensive to God (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10). We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11). We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture.